Detail of : Director of Housekeeping Services Job Openings in Omaha
Omaha, NE 68102-2506
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening
community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Director of
Housekeeping Services ensures properties are clean, safe, and well maintained by acting
as a resource to multiple locations to provide education, training, and development of the
1. High school diploma or GED; Associate’s degree highly desirable
2. Three or more years of experience in housekeeping services or closely related field required
3. Working knowledge of housekeeping safety guidelines, equipment, supplies and staff
training as well as OSHA
4. Complete within 30 days of hire: Cause & Culture, Child Abuse Prevention and Safety
Training (provided by )
5. Completion of risk management and other maintenance-specific certifications, as
6. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
7. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation as travel between branches on a daily basis
may be required
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires office and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, use hand and power tools, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
Frequent exposure to dust or fumes is possible and use of cleaning equipment and chemicals is required.
The work is performed both indoors and out.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
1. Acts as housekeeping and environmental services expert and leads the development of
association-wide plans that promote program and/or membership growth for the .
2. Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants experience a clean
and safe environment.
3. Works collaboratively with branch executives and other association leadership to ensure
high standards are set and achieved for housekeeping services.
4. Supports recruitment, hiring, training and development of staff and volunteers. Maintains
external partnerships and coordination to provide work experience opportunities.
5. Develops program budget recommendations and submits reports to ensure goals are
6. Works internally and with outside agencies to ensure compliance with all local, state and
federal regulations, including OSHA. Develops and implements training or other plans to
7. Maintains tools and equipment in a safe, functional and orderly manner.
8. Assists in fund raising activities and special events.
9. Actively participates &/or leads department and association team meetings &/or trainings.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Communication & Influence
Critical Thinking & Decision Making
Developing Self & Others
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
All application will kept strictly confidential.
Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in Director of Housekeeping Services Omaha May 2021 YMCA above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Omaha below.
Apply This Job
Please submit your application via the link below:
Do not forget to like our fanpage to get the latest job information
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on jobs-chicago.net, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.