Southwest Recruitment 2021 - Southwest need the candidates to apply LVN/LPN that will be placed in Palestine.
Southwest Recruitment 2021
Detail of : LVN/LPN Job Openings in Palestine
JOB SUMMARY He/She is responsible for the care of the residents in a designated area of the facility. He/She communicates with off going and arriving shifts of personnel to assure the continuum of quality of care. Makes rounds, evaluating the physical, emotional and social needs of the residents making sure these are being met through the staff assigned to work with each group of residents. Assesses assigned staff's ability to provide for each resident's needs and provides intervention as indicated. Supervises the care provided by the Certified Nursing Aides assigned to the unit, providing intervention, and education as indicated. Makes adjustments in assignments as indicated. Prepares and administers medications and treatments according to procedures. Consults with physicians, receives, records and transcribes orders as required . Makes rounds with physicians when necessary. Reviews resident's care plans and assures these plans are followed. Documents on records as per policy and procedures of the facility. Participates in the evaluation of the employees working under his/her supervision. Participates in staff meetings and in-services as required.
The Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible to the Director of Nursing and /or the Assistant Director of Nursing.
He/She must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing currently registered with the state agency for nursing licensure and hold a valid nursing license in the state he/she is employed.
Must have an maintain a License according to the Board of Nurse Examiners (BNE). Must continue to maintain background checks in good standing according to the requirements of Department of Aging & Disability Services (DADS). QUALIFICATIONS
1. Demonstrates leadership and managerial ability.
2. Has the ability to organize, plan and supervise care and the Certified Nursing Aides assigned to work a designated unit and shift.
3. Maintains effective interpersonal relationships.
4. Is of good emotional, mental and physical health, having sound judgment and high professional standards.
5. Must be willing and capable of providing emergency assistance to residents as indicated.
6. Is courteous in working with residents, families and employees.
7. Maintains a neat, well-groomed and professional appearance at all times.
8. Has a desire to work with the geriatric resident and their current and prospective needs.
9. Must be willing to be in the facility ready to begin assigned duties on time.
10. Must be willing to be in the facility during weekdays as well as weekend hours.
11. Must be willing to work preferred shifts as scheduled and assist on other shifts as needed to assure adequate staffing to meet the needs of each resident.
12. Must demonstrate ability to evaluate the geriatric resident's needs and provide intervention timely to assure each resident's needs are met.
13. Must demonstrate ability to evaluate nursing staff needs and provide staff education timely to provide quality care.
14. Must demonstrate ability to function as a cooperative team member with each member of the Nursing Department and other departments.
15. Must demonstrate the ability to follow and supervise assigned staff to assure the facilities policies and procedures are followed and upheld.
16. Must demonstrate the ability to manage and supervise the assigned unit in a productive, timely manner.
17. Must have a pre-employment and an annual Tuberculosis screening examination. RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receives report from the off going shift.
2. Reviews communication systems to be knowledgeable of any unusual occurrences during the previous shifts.
3. Assigns Certified Nursing Aides and other designated personnel assuring each resident's needs will be met during the assigned shift.
4. Gives report to Certified Nursing Aides.
5. Makes rounds of the assigned unit frequently during the shift providing intervention as needed. During the entire shift, will be attune to needs of the unit while doing other nursing tasks.
6. Prepares and administers medications as ordered. Reorders medications as needed in preparation for future shifts: Assesses and documents medication issues as per policy.
7. Provides special procedures as ordered.
8. Completes the treatments as ordered. Assesses and documents new and old areas of treatment describing in detail the results of staff action and the results of the treatment. Prepares a weekly skin report for the Director of Nursing. Contacts the physician for any areas not responding positively and timely.
9. Supervises the meal service for each resident on the unit. Works with the staff to assure each resident is provided adequate nutrition for each meal.
10. Continually assesses and reassesses residents for risk of complications as a result of being in the facility. (i.e. skin breakdown incontinence, contractures, reduced mobility, reduced involvement in bathing, dressing, or eating, weight loss, behaviors due to change in lifestyle, etc.)
11. Continually observes progress and quality of work of the Nursing Assistants to assure that residents are turned, repositioned, toileted, walked, exercised, provided food and fluids, well groomed, involved in their specific restorative program, provides intervention as indicated, etc. Also observes the resident's environment to assure a clean and safe environment is provided for each resident.
12. Document on nurse's notes as per policy. Assures there is accurate and timely documentation of any unusual observation, incident, or happening.
13. Reviews information, reassess residents, interviews staff, reviews documentation of each shift and writes monthly nurse progress note using the Interdisciplinary Care Plan documenting progress or lack of progress toward the resident's goals. Writes suggestions for changes to be made to the plan of care on the "Working Copy" of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan.
14. Admits residents as required.
15. Assists in the ordering and reviewing of results of laboratory tests as indicated. Notifies physician of results.
16. Notifies the physician, resident and family/POA of any new or unusual findings as indicated.
17. Assists with auditing charts.
18. Assists with answering and correcting consultant reports.
19. Reviews, signs and provides intervention as indicated for Certified Nursing Aides documentation.
20. Counts required medications with oncoming and off going shifts.
21. Makes appropriate notes in Communication Books to assure adequate communication is maintained for nursing.
22. Assists in keeping other departments informed of resident's change of condition as indicated.
23. Assists in providing in-services for assigned staff.
24. Keeps nurse's station, medication room clean. Assigns Certified Nursing Aides to keep each ancillary room clean and orderly. Assigns staff to keep equipment clean and proper condition for use.
25. Reviews and updates Medication Administration Record, Treatment Administration Record, and Nursing Care Flow Records for the upcoming month.
26. Makes rounds toward end of shift to assure area is in order for the oncoming shift.
27. Gives report to oncoming shift.
28. Reviews and assures there is adequate staffing for the oncoming shift. Replaces known absences in a timely manner.
29. Keep all resident information received confidential and follows all HIPAA regulations.
30. Practices within scope and guidelines of the Board of Nurse Examiners (BNE).
31. Performs other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in LVN/LPN Palestine May 2021 Southwest above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Palestine below.
Apply This Job
Please submit your application via the link below:
Do not forget to like our fanpage to get the latest job information
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on jobs-chicago.net, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.