Front Office Assistant Job Openings by Dermatology Associates of West MI in Grand Rapids
30+ days ago
Dermatology Associates of West MI
Dermatology Associates of West MI Careers 2020 - Dermatology Associates of West MI require a new employee to apply Front Office Assistant that will be placed in Grand Rapids.
Dermatology Associates of West MI Job Vacancies 2020
Detail of : Front Office Assistant Job Opening in Grand Rapids
Job Summary: This position is cross-trained in several areas, providing customer service to the patients through scheduling, check-in and check-out. This role provides assistance to our patients in regards to office information, physician information, appointments, and ensures patients’ demographic and insurance information is accurate and up-to-date.
Primary Job Responsibilities: 1. Welcomes patients/clients/visitors, upon arrival, and directs them accordingly.
2. Facilitates patient flow and communicates delays with patients and clinical staff.
3. Uses customer service principles and techniques to communicate with patients calmly and pleasantly.
4. Explains financial requirements to the patients or responsible parties, obtains accurate billing information from patients.
5. Collects copays, and patient balances, providing information regarding them, based on collections protocol.
6. Responsible for cash handling, including balancing a till and printing batch reports and other financial transactions.
7. Responsible for keeping the reception and patient waiting areas, and office files, clean and organized.
8. Monitors medical office supplies and inventory needs, places orders and oversees office equipment.
9. Schedules appointments according to established policies and protocols.
10. Uses computerized system to match provider availability with patient’s preferences in terms of date and time.
11. Maintains scheduling system so records/patient information is accurate and complete and can be used to analyze patient/staffing patterns. Provides daily schedules to providers prior to each day’s visits.
12. Ensures that updates (e.g., cancellations or additions) are input daily into schedule.
13. Communicates as needed with physicians/clinicians and other staff about any patient concerns/issues related to scheduling. Consults with appointment manager about any system problems.
14. Follows all office policies on safety and security; HIPAA, OIG, and OSHA, along with maintaining restricted areas safe, and safeguards computer system passwords in strict confidentiality.
15. Alerts management team to assist with difficult situations as needed.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year of experience in customer service or reception, preferably in a medical office setting.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions related to clinic setting. Work may be stressful due to a busy office.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with a Receptionist, involving sitting approximately 90% of the day with occasional standing, walking, reaching and lifting.
Expected Hours of Work: Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may differ depending on provider schedules. Must follow attendance policy outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
All application will kept strictly confidential.
Only short-listed candidates will receive responses.
If you are not interested in Front Office Assistant Grand Rapids October 2020 Dermatology Associates of West MI above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Grand Rapids below.
Apply This Job
Please submit your application via the link below:
Do not forget to like our fanpage to get the latest job information
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on jobs-chicago.net, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.