Assist the store manager in achieving and maintaining competitive product pricing, inventory controls, buildups, merchandise levels, store appearance, store cleanliness, product dating, controlling outdated merchandise, maintaining signage, product promotions, invoicing, maintenance, tobacco area maintenance, shelf tags, and vendor control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain professional relationships with vendors and coworkers.
2. Order merchandise from multiple vendors, using proper build-ups.
3. Check-in vendors per check in policy.
4. Put away order once cross-reference is complete, watch for miss-picks, wrong pack sizes, and broken/opened merchandise.
5. Identify, correct, and maintain accurate pricing on inventory (daily if necessary); including down loading of price changes from Passport, cooler pricing, mark ups/downs, white tag items, product tag numbers updated, track updated and discontinued items.
6. Maintain back stock at minimum level.
7. Refresh hand-held.
8. Keep product rotated, fresh, and check expiration dates.
9. Remove and follow mark up, mark down procedures. This includes store shelves on the floor, as well as the coolers.
10. Return guaranteed items to correct vendors weekly.
11. Build imaginative displays using available space.
12. Maintain displays and sign-age, cross merchandise items.
13. Compile and promote top seller list with corporate merchandisers.
14 Set per schematic (aid from vendors) as directed by corporate merchandisers.
15. Maintain proper usage and ordering of all DSD displays, gondola sections, etc.
16. Properly complete CMI scanning.
17. Maintain correct and complete promo signage, both in-side and out-side store (reader boards, pump toppers, handle ads, building signage, banners, inside sales, etc.).
18. Properly track and transfer merchandise between locations.
19. Keep counter, shelves, and stocked areas neat, clean, and well signed.
20. Maintain tobacco area, including ads, merchandise, compliance contracts, product dating, etc.
21. Conduct market surveys as required.
22. Interact with public, providing exceptional customer service.
Train store employees on grocery merchandiser duties as directed by the store manager.
Perform all cashier duties as described in the cashier job description.
Job Specifications (Qualifications)
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the area of supervision and retail operations with a strong background in sales and marketing is a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Experience with CAO (Computer Assisted Ordering systems), MS Word, and Excel is a plus.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to interact positively with coworkers and customers in a busy retail environment.
Ability to implement effective time management skills.
Ability to operate a ten key calculator with accuracy and speed.
Ability to communicate effectively with customers, fellow team members and management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 lbs. regularly and 50 lbs. occasionally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to Extreme cold (non-weather); and outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: The list of requirements,
For further information, please refer official source from Town Pump on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :