Detail of : Process Officer II (Juvenile Court Clerk) Job Opening in Memphis
Serves in a lead capacity over Process Officers who serve subpoenas, summons and related court instruments issued by the Juvenile Court.
Pay Grade: 42 Minimum Qualifications
100.00%1. Three (3) years of experience in a law enforcement capacity; and
2. Two (2) years of college study (60 semester hours or 72 quarters); OR
3. An equivalent combination of related education and/or experience.
4. Eligible to become commissioned as a Special Deputy Sheriff before completion of probation period and obtain a state handgun carry permit.
5. College study in criminal justice, psychology, sociology or a closely related field preferred.
6. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in leading and training Process Officer personnel.
2. Monitors work assignments and productivity of Process Officers and assigned staff.
3. Informs staff of changes in Juvenile Court policy by management.
4. Assigns Process Officers to various sectors.
5. Assists in the proper documentation, evaluation and discipline of personnel when required.
6. Serves all papers, such as summons and subpoenas, issued by Juvenile Court.
7. Assists in arrests on warrants and attachments pro corpus, or makes such arrests.
8. Prepares daily and monthly reports of all activities as required.
9. Performs other related duties as required or directed. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
KSAs and Others1. Ability to perform and supervise all duties and responsibilities of Process Officers.
2. Thorough knowledge of established policies and procedures regarding supervision of employees.
3. Ability to train and supervise all assigned personnel.
4. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with others and to build an effective team.
5. Possess good communication skills and the ability to write meaningful reports.
6. Ability to interact with the public with courtesy and tact.
7. Thorough knowledge of legal instruments to be served.
8. Thorough knowledge of law enforcement processes and techniques.
9. Ability to use a personal computer and knowledge of Windows XP. Special Requirements
1. Must pass a psychological examination administered by an agency designated by the Juvenile Court of Memphis and Shelby County, Tennessee.
2. Must possess a valid Tennessee driver license or secure one by date of employment.
3. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet county requirements for automobile insurance upon date of employment.
4. Must attend in-service training and qualify for firearm.
5. Must obtain certification for the State of TN handgun permit.
6. Must successfully complete POST Certification training through the Shelby County Sheriff's Office.
7. Must pass a drug test.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in Process Officer II (Juvenile Court Clerk) Memphis November 2020 Shelby County Government above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Memphis below.
Apply This Job
Please submit your application via the link below:
Do not forget to like our fanpage to get the latest job information
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on jobs-chicago.net, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.