Goodwill Industries of South Central California Vacancies 2020 - Goodwill Industries of South Central California need the candidates to apply Material Handler that will be placed in Lemoore.
JOB DESCRIPTION (705 – I) Material Handler I Goodwill employees are expected to represent the highest standards of behavior and job performance by: 1) acting with honesty and integrity; 2) ensuring that all business activities are transparent and ethical; and 3) achieving goals in alignment with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision and
Values.MISSION: Goodwill’s mission is to provide work opportunities and skills development to people with barriers to employment.VISION: Every person in Kern, Kings, and southern Tulare counties has the opportunity to achieve his/her fullest potential through the power of work.VALUES: Accountability ~* Integrity ~* Dignity ~* Diversity & Inclusion ~* Ingenuity ~
OpportunityDEPARTMENT: Retail Services DepartmentSUPERVISION RECEIVED: Retail Store ManagerSUPERVISION EXERCISED: NoneCLASSIFICATION: Non-ExemptPOSITION SUMMARY: The Material Handler I receives donations, along with transporting, sorting, selecting and properly displaying merchandise.The expectation of this position is to achieve organizational, team and personal goals in alignment with our Strategic Vision Priorities and through living out our organizational Values.Standards of Performance and Conduct (each is an essential function):1. Ensure actions are consistent with Goodwill ethics, policies, procedures, goals and mission.
2. Work collaboratively with management and staff to achieve overall organizational goals.
3. Consistently maintain acceptable level of productivity, ensuring accounts payable/disbursement functions are completed accurately and timely.
4. Punctual and regular in attendance, understanding that time away from work is approved and taken in accordance with established policies.
5. Perform duties in a manner that promotes a team concept and reflects Goodwill’s mission, philosophy, and core values of accountability, integrity, dignity, diversity, ingenuity, excellence, opportunity and responsibility.6. Work in accordance with Goodwill policies, procedures and generally accepted business practices.7. Promote a favorable image and works cooperatively with all organization employees, participants, customers and other persons contacted during the course of performing duties.8. Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of work; comply with privacy and confidentiality policies.Updated: January 2020Goodwill Industries of South Central CaliforniaMaterial Handler IPage 29. Attend required safety training and participate in safety drills and exercises.
10. Safeguard company property, including donated goods.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.1. Complete opening activities to include doors, cone placement for trucks, prep for truck switch, prep of water cooling stations, donation drive through set up, gaylord moves, and other activities.2. Moves, sorts, selects and properly displays merchandise in accordance with the company's procedures; requires the ability to pick up and carry up to 70 pounds in weight.3. Tagging and hanging of textiles, pricing of wares, shoes, and furniture, and distribution of products to the sales floor.4. Receives and processes donated goods, directs donors to proper locations and issue receipts and/or printed information; requires the ability to pick up and carry up to 70 pounds in weight.5. Performs necessary record keeping pertaining to daily activities, donation counts, processing counts, and other reports as needed in a neat and legible manner.6. Responsible to perform housekeeping duties to maintain cleanliness of donation area, bathroom(s), and all interior and exterior of the store. This may include, but not be limited to, cleaning bathroom fixtures, walls, floors, completing a 5-minute drill prior to each rest and meal break, recovering garbage or other materials from interior or exterior of the building, sweeping, mopping, and/or vacuuming floors, and other cleaning activities.7. Cooperatively cover coworkers’ break times and work in a cooperative manner as a team.
8. Preparation of salvage items to include creating boxes, sorting and ensuring quality products are used for resale and not placed in salvage, and wrapping of odd sized or bulk furniture and gaylords to prepare for transportation.9. Build furniture that may come in boxed for placement on the sales floor.
10. Become familiar with pricing lists and assist in pricing items in conformity with the company’s pricing policies.
11. Complete closing activities to include doors, cone retrieval for trucks, cleaning of water cooling stations, donation drive through tear down, gaylord moves, sales floor recovery, and other activities.12. Complies with Safety and Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
13. Provides all necessary customer service while projecting a positive image during public contact. This might include pleasantly and receptively assisting donors in safely donating product, assisting with carry outs, and greeting and interacting with customers while working on the sales floor.14. Ensure safe work conditions at all times. Report and document safety hazards, potentially hazardous conditions, and unsafe practices and procedures.15. Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
16. Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
17. Responsible for other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill and/or ability. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience: Minimal ability to read and write. Prior customer service experience is a plus.Updated: January 2020Goodwill Industries of South Central CaliforniaMaterial Handler IPage 3Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, employees, clients, customers, and the general public using tact, courtesy and cooperativeness.Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables; exercise judgment, resourcefulness, ingenuity and initiative.Other Skills and Abilities: Effective interpersonal and communications skills to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff. Ability to operate basic office equipment, including computer, telephone, cell phone, tablet, fax and copy machine. Must exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None.Physical Requirements and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/DEMANDS: Material Handler – Floater INot Req. 1-33%/day 34-66%/day 67-100%/day
Activity Never Occasionally Frequently Continuously1. Balancing x2. Bending x3. Carrying x4. Climbing x5. Crawling x6. Crouching x7. Feeling x8. Fingering/Fine Dexterity x9. Flexing Wrist x10. Grasping/Squeezing x11. Handling/Gross Dexterity x12. Hearing x13. Kneeling x14. Lifting x15. Pulling x16. Pushing x17. Reaching – Above Shoulder x18. Reaching – Shoulder & Below x19. Reclining x20. Sitting x21. Standing x22. Stooping x23. Talking x24. Tasting/Smelling x25. Throwing xUpdated: January 2020Goodwill Industries of South Central CaliforniaMaterial Handler IPage 426. Turning Body x27. Twisting Body x28. Walking x29. Near Vision x30. Midrange Vision x31. Far Vision x32. Depth Perception x33. Visual Accommodation x34. Color Vision x35. Field of Vision/Peripheral xUpdated: January 2020Goodwill Industries of South Central CaliforniaMaterial Handler IPage 5LIFTING AND CARRYING REQUIREMENTS/DEMANDS:PHYSICAL 1-33% / DAY 34-66% / DAY 67-100% / DAY
DEMAND LEVEL OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTLY CONTINUOUSLY(Administrative/Clerical) Lift/Carrying
Class 1 Minimum 30 LBSLight ActivityMEDIUM Lift/ Carrying
(Moderate Physical Activity) Minimum 50 LBS x HEAVY Lift/Carrying
(Heavy Physical Labor) Minimum 70 LBSENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:NOT REQ’D. 1-33% / DAY 34-66% / DAY 67-100% / DAY
NEVER OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTLY CONTINUOUSLYIndoors xOutdoors xDust xElectric Shock xExplosive xExposure to Weather xExtreme Cold xExtreme Heat xFumes/Gases xHigh Exposed Places xLoud Noises xMist xMoving Mechanical Parts xOdors xPoor Ventilation xRadiant Energy xToxic/Caustic Chemicals xVibration xWet/Humidity xNAME:SIGNATURE: DATE:Updated: January 2020Job Type: Full-timePay: $13.00 - $14.00 per hourBenefits:401(k)
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
Monday to Friday
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Goodwill Industries of South Central California system at :