Surgery Coordinator Job Openings by St. Luke's University Health Network in Bethlehem
27 days ago
St. Luke's University Health Network
St. Luke's University Health Network Careers 2020 - St. Luke's University Health Network require a new worker to apply Surgery Coordinator that will be placed in Bethlehem.
St. Luke's University Health Network Jobs 2020
Detail of : Surgery Coordinator Job Openings in Bethlehem
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
Schedule surgeries and pre-operative tests, and counsel patients about their financial responsibility prior to surgery. Act as a liaison between physician, patient, and hospital or surgery center. The intent of this job description is to provide a summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
1. Receives instructions from physicians about which surgery or test is recommended.
2. Obtains precertification/preauthorization from insurance companies prior to surgery for each procedure and test, using an online application or by contacting insurer on the telephone.
3. Verifies patient eligibility and coverage for the procedure using an online application or the telephone; if patient is not eligible on date of service, or procedure is not a covered benefit, explains this to patients.
4. Counsels patients pre-operatively regarding their potential financial obligations, and provides information about patient insurance coverage.
5. Discusses pre-operative instructions with the patient, as directed by physicians.
6. Assists patients with setting up payment plans, and collects pre-surgical deposits.
7. Schedules operating room time, according to physician scheduling protocols; faxes H&P to hospital admitting department.
8. Schedules all appropriate pre-operative tests and blood work.
9. Coordinates all business and clinical paperwork prior to surgery, using physician-approved forms and checklists; has paperwork ready for surgeon prior to the day of surgery.
10. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information.
11. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
12. Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
13. Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
14. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
15. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
16. Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
17. All other related duties and tasks as assigned based on business needs.
18. Travel is required to support other offices within the Musculoskeletal service line.
19. Nights and weekends when needed.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history,
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to St. Luke's University Health Network website with link as follow :
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Surgery Coordinator Bethlehem October 2020 St. Luke's University Health Network above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Bethlehem below.
Apply This Job
Please submit your application via the link below:
Do not forget to like our fanpage to get the latest job information
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on jobs-chicago.net, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.