Cook/Dietary Aide Job Openings by Coteau des Prairies Hospital in Sisseton
24 days ago
Coteau des Prairies Hospital
Coteau des Prairies Hospital Recruitment 2020 - Coteau des Prairies Hospital is looking for the candidates to apply Cook/Dietary Aide that will be placed in Sisseton.
Coteau des Prairies Hospital Recruitment 2020
Detail of : Cook/Dietary Aide Job Opening in Sisseton
Under the supervision of the Manager of Dietary Services, prepares food required by the
daily menu and extensions. The Dietary Cook also maintains prompt, accurate and
efficient tray and cafeteria services to patients, visitors, and employees. Also provides
food-related services for meetings and special functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares all food according to the menu in a safe, sanitary manner.
2. Prepares quality food products according to standardized recipes and menus.
3. Prepares food in a timely manner at specified meal times.
4. Assumes responsibility for total kitchen operations and handles all situations in the
kitchen according to policies and procedures.
5. Responds to patient issues or concerns that may occur in the dining room.
6. Follows departmental procedures including sanitation, safety, and cleaning schedules.
7. Follows proper cleaning procedures and storage of all dishes, utensils and cooking
8. Insures all food in refrigerator, freezer, and dry storage are labeled and dated.
9. Oversees proper food handling and utilization of all foods to prevent contamination,
increase quality, and reduce cost.
10. Receives and processes written and oral instructions to allow employee to prepare
type and quantity of food, as well as, size portions.
11. Washes and cleans fruits and vegetables. Peels, dices, shreds or slices food using a
variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
12. Arranges salad and dessert ingredients in an attractive and appetizing manner and
garnishes and places prepared items in the appropriate storage area until serving time.
13. Suggests menu or recipe changes to utilize leftovers and other supplies.
14. Cleans all food service equipment, kitchen and food storage areas.
15. Coordinates work of dietary aides.
16. Performs Dietary Aide duties and other duties as required. ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Fosters a culture of service excellence which anticipates and responds to the needs of
2. Performs job duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflects the highest ethical
and professional standards.
3. Maintains compliance with mandatory training initiatives, competencies, and
4. Complies with all CDP and departmental programs, policies and procedures (i.e.
administrative, HR, financial, clinical, quality, and safety policies and procedures).
5. Ensures and protects the confidentiality of sensitive information.
Job Description – Dietary Cook
Page 1 6. Complies with all federal, state, and local standards and laws regulating the provision
of professional services (licensure and scope of practice).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; and one to three
months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Position requires knowledge of special diets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Must have the ability to read and comprehend instructions and recipes. Must have
excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must possess the ability to deal
tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, and the general public. Must
be able to interpret and implement written and verbal programs, goals, objectives,
policies and procedures of the Dietary Department. Must be able to express self
adequately in written and verbal communication and to communicate effectively with
supervisor and staff members.
Hazards typical to an institutional kitchen such as hot water with dishwasher, sharp
objects, electrical equipment, wet floors,
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
All applications are appreciated and will be treated confidentially.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
If you are not interested in Cook/Dietary Aide Sisseton November 2020 Coteau des Prairies Hospital above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Sisseton below.
Apply This Job
Please submit your application via the link below:
Do not forget to like our fanpage to get the latest job information
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on jobs-chicago.net, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.