Detail of : Student Assistant (Work Study) Human Resources Job Opening in Nacogdoches
This is a work-study student position responsible for assisting in the operations and activities of a department or a departmental project, program, or function.
1. Provides office assistance to the department by assisting staff in routine clerical duties and responsibilities. 2. Provides assistance in answering phone calls, routing incoming calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, and directing visitors to appropriate staff member.
3. Assists in file and records maintenance. 4. Assists in the preparation and implementation of departmental project/program activities. 5. Provides general information and/or training regarding project/program. 6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of general office and clerical procedures and concepts.
2. Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records and files. 3. Ability to communicate professionally and courteously with university faculty and staff, students, and the general public. 4. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
The minimum education required for admittance as a student at Stephen F. Austin State University.
No direct experience is required. Training and instruction will be provided.
A student must be awarded and accept a “Work-Study Permit” for each semester the student will be working.
Experience with face-to-face and telephonic customer service, filing, confidential office practices, and Microsoft Excel and Word is preferred.
Physical Demands Special Conditions for Eligibility
A student must be enrolled in six or more semester hours to be eligible for student employment during the fall or spring semesters. To be eligible for student employment during the summer, a student must be enrolled in three or more semester hours or be registered for courses in the upcoming fall semester.
Student assistants may not hold any other type of position such as a graduate assistantship or temporary casual employment at the same time that they are employed as a student assistant.
Position End Date (if temporary) 08/15/2021
Posting Number SA2021-139
Number of Vacancies 1
Posting Open Date 05/27/2021
Review Start Date
Posting Close Date
Work Schedule up to 26.5 hours/week scheduled between 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Monday-Friday in the office
Min Pay Rate 7.25/hour
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
The Student Assistant (Work Study) will be working in different areas of Human Resources – Employment, Benefits, Data Management, Compensation and Classification. This position is located on-campus in Austin Building Room 201.
The optional Other Document requested is your class schedule (if applicable for the summer). EEO Statement
Stephen F. Austin State University, an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion or physical or mental disability as required by law. If, because of an impairment or disability, you need accommodation during any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 936-468-2304. Posting Quick Link https://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/7164
Department Human Resources
Contact Name Lisa Balty
Contact Phone (936)468-1325
Contact Email email@example.com
Contact Information Applicants will be contacted by the hiring department if selected for an interview If you have technical questions about this job posting, please contact HR at (936) 468-2304.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Are you eligible for Work Study?
* Which of the following best represents your current student classification?
* Do you have prior experience in general office practices and procedures?
* Do you have experience with computer use (word processing, database and spreadsheet applications)?
* Please describe any previous experience you have working in a customer service environment.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
List of References
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
All application will kept strictly confidential.
Only short-listed candidates will receive responses.
If you are not interested in Student Assistant (Work Study) Human Resources Nacogdoches June 2021 Stephen F. Austin University above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Nacogdoches below.
Apply This Job
Please submit your application via the link below:
Do not forget to like our fanpage to get the latest job information
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on jobs-chicago.net, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.