MasTec Utility Services Jobs 2021 - MasTec Utility Services assign a chance to apply Apprentice Lineman C that will be placed in Richmond.
MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their familiesThank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. MOS Codes 12N, 12Q, 91C, 1141, 1100, 1169, 3E0X1, BU, CE, and UT relate well to this position.
The Apprentice Lineman C assists the Journeyman Lineman and the Foreman while in training and learning the trade. Responsible for performing work related to the construction and maintain of poles, power lines, auxiliary facilities, and equipment for the transmission and distribution of electricity. Sets a good example for newer apprentices by always following and teaching safe practices. This position supports and learns from the Lineman team and works with other personnel from the department.
Construct, maintain, and inspect transmission and distribution of electrical or power lines.
Provide technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical services for the consumer, completing jobs with quality and timeliness.
Provide for connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customers’ facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
Route or reroute power lines over, under, or around existing lines and structures.
Inspect and/or remove power lines that are damaged.
Assist in carrying poles, digging holes, and other operations involved in setting or replacing poles.
Perform line switching or sectionalizing, as directed.
Investigate consumer complaints and make repairs to energized electrical distribution lines, as needed.
Provide backup for Class B Apprentice Lineman and assist in completion of duties.
Responsible for timely submission of all Apprentice Program required documentation.
May troubleshoot electrical problems on customer equipment.
Drive bucket truck to jobsite and maintain truck stock.
Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above shoulder level, working in confined spaces, working off a pole or in a bucket. Also, working in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind for 10 hour work days, with breaks. During storms this role may work in these conditions from 10 to 15 hours daily, breaks included.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
1. A High School Degree, or equivalent, with 1 year of experience.
2. Valid CDL Class A driver’s license.
3. Understanding of basic and/or advanced electrical principles, including knowledge of electricity and how to safely work around it.
4. Knowledge of customer’s specifications and proficiency in all phases of line construction.
5. Ability to assume full responsibility for completed work, perform routine line work without close supervision, and complete work with quality and timeliness.
6. Compliance with proper safety standards, procedures, and work practices.
7. Ability to establish, manage, plan, and think strategically.
8. Ability to build and foster collaborative relationships.
9. Clarity of vision, with the ability to judge distance and space relationships, hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
10. Ability to read and interpret construction prints, plans and specifications.
11. Ability to climb poles and work at heights up to and exceeding 30 feet.
12. Ability to operate efficiently a bucket truck, digger truck, wire pullers, backyard machine, air compressor, and tools necessary to build/maintain power lines.
13. Ability to work outdoors, even in extreme weather conditions.
14. Available to work weekends and/or nights.
15. Willing to work out of market or away from home as work demands, traveling extensively when needed.
1. 2 years of experience.
2. Advanced training in electrical principles.
3. OSHA 10 and Buck Squeeze Certifications.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Requisition ID 42085
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to MasTec Utility Services website with link as follow :